Guaging interest

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
swordfish210

Guaging interest

Post by swordfish210 » 12 Mar 2008 06:23 pm

Hi, due to my Peugeot 205 being nearly ready for the road again and to me having absolutly zero cash, i need to get rid of my 360 GLS as soon as possible. I decided to see if anyone was interested in it on here first because, despite me not being particularly fond of it i would like to see it go to someone who will look after it instead of neglecting it.

So the car is a 1984 360 GLS in green. It has covered 51,000 miles and has had 4 owners. It is taxed and MOT'd until May and is in overall good condtion with the exception of a few points which i will come to later.
I am wating to hear back about a possible Green Mk2 tailgate that i would like to purchace for the car to fit before i sell it because at the moment it has a light blue Mk2 tailgate with 5 holes in it where someone has fitted and subsequently removed a spoiler.

The good points:
New gearbox
new exhaust (mid section and rear box costing £104)
the 2 rear tyres (firestone) have only covered about 1000 miles
the interior is MINT, that is the only word i can use to describe it
The engine still pulls strong and has just had a mini service
Factory fitted tow bar
original spare wheel, jack and wheel brace

Bad points:
Small chip in the windscreen but this is unfourtanatly an MOT failiure. It would cost about £25 to have it filled with resin
OSF caliper has a snapped bleed nipple. i know there is a member on here who has some spare calipers thpough and they could be swapped
No sterio
one of the speakers has blown so it would need replacing
one of the mudguards is missing
Tailgate doesnt match the colour of the car

these are the only bad points that i can think of and as you can see it is really just an afternoons work to sort them.

So there you have it, i would post some pics up but the car is absolutely filthy at the moment and they might put you off, so if i give it a good wash and polish then i'll post some up.
If no one on here is interested then could anyone give me a ball park figure on what sort of price i should be expecting/advertisisng that car for?

Thanks. Mark
Proud owner of a Crummy Volvo and a Ratty old 205

foggyjames
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by foggyjames » 13 Mar 2008 02:10 am

Don't sell that car short...assuming it hasn't got a lot worse in the last couple of years, it was amazingly tidy. It's well worth someone picking it up, if they're in the market - there aren't many mk2s this good left.

I never did get a picture of that tailgate...I'll drop the guy another email.

cheers

James
VOC 300-series Register Keeper
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'85 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
...and some modern FWD nonsense to get me to work...

SteveP
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by SteveP » 13 Mar 2008 10:20 am

Having a nice matched tailgate will make this sell... otherwise I doubt it to be worth more than any other cleanish 300 I'm afraid. Well worth sourcing a Mk2 tailgate in my opinion
1989 - Volvo 360 GLT
1985 - Volvo 360 GLS
2008 - Volvo S60 SE Lux

swordfish210

Post by swordfish210 » 13 Mar 2008 11:42 am

yeah, i'm hoping that either foggyjames or volvo360gls can help me with a green tailgate. The car will come up pretty tidy when i get the jet washer and the polish out.

classicswede
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by classicswede » 14 Mar 2008 04:56 pm

Most would not know taht the tailgait is wrong. provided you can get a couler match that would make teh biggest difference.

I hope it ends up with a good home
Dai

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk

http://www.classicswede.com

phone/text 07824887160

Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

swordfish210

Post by swordfish210 » 15 Mar 2008 01:59 pm

yeah but i would also have to glass up the 5 holes that some plank drilled in it to fit a spoiler and then subsequently removed it. I hope i'v found a tailgate in the right colour now thanks to volvo360gls, and another member on here is going to sort me out with a mudflap