sorting front end out - suspension etc

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
pyro

sorting front end out - suspension etc

Post by pyro » 21 Jun 2008 08:01 pm

hello all, long time no speak!
having just got paid i think its time to gets some things sorted out on the 360.

several months ago i was nudged into a curb (well i chose the curb rather than a taxi!) and since then its not really been behaving right. im thinking its roll bar links or something round there. i think i remember reading somewhere that the links have a habit of bending and are generally due changing after 20 years or so...? so im just looking at getting it sorted out, whilst im pratting about in that area i may as well get other bushes changed, and depending on the next pay day uprated springs and or shocks. more than likely they will be from here (name escapes me for the minute!)

so job list looks like,

arb links
bushes (wishbone?)
steering ball joints and probably others
-springs-
-shocks-

anything else i should check when im there?

cheers - ben
ps still hoping for 2.3 power!
* Disclaimer
One of the above statements may or may not be true - but probably not.

Mors Principium Est

Now a proud member of YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club

pettaw
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by pettaw » 22 Jun 2008 06:57 pm

When you say its not feeling right what do you mean? Does it pull or tug on the steering or does it feel vague in certain ways? Does it scrub the tyres? I suspect if you nudged the curb hard enough you've probably bent something like a track rod or even the wishbone itself.

Have a good look around and see if anything looks amiss? It might be worth getting the tracking/wheel alignment checked too, before you go to the expense of uprating components.

pyro

Post by pyro » 05 Jul 2008 02:12 pm

it has recently developed a clunk from the steering when swapping lock quickly (no comment) it. reason for changing arb links is because it seem to roll a lot more than it use to, ive always fancied stiffer suspension on it anyway so im looking at springs and dampers.

cheers - ben
* Disclaimer
One of the above statements may or may not be true - but probably not.

Mors Principium Est

Now a proud member of YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club