guess who's 3 door now has 2 doors and a bent door..

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
Vart

guess who's 3 door now has 2 doors and a bent door..

Post by Vart » 16 Aug 2008 10:47 pm

some little scrote decided they wanted to take nothing from the inside of my car, put the steering lock on and helpfully bend the drivers door out of shape for me. locks but bent at the top to let the rain in and easily pulled out to release the lock. just driven back to safety in suffolk while i figure out a fix.

nothing taken - even the bad tapes i get given or the rubbish stereo or various spare parts or fuel can or beach spade from a bad holiday in devon.

they could have had any of the other cars on the street - the un-rusty ones that start properly but no.

portsmouth - may someone torch it and its residents...

and i need a new door.

anyone got a drivers side 3 door door lurking about? volvo dark blue with 2 thin stripes in white, a orange reflectory thing and some rust preferably...
1986 1.4DL - 147,000 - C746 VRT

Jason B
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by Jason B » 16 Aug 2008 11:00 pm

grr, what a fricking insult!!! - theres a couple of older cars by me that have recently had their drivers doors bent out for no particular reason too :(. Though it does beg the question why did you leave an unattended object in portsmouth!!! I try and stay well clear of there! - hope you find a cheap door to replace it.
'89 360 GLE awaiting 2.3 power

mac

Post by mac » 19 Aug 2008 03:46 pm

Afternoon marrrrster Toby,

Post laying on of hands report please - wind noise?, water leaks?, lock holding up?

Mac.

Vart

Post by Vart » 20 Aug 2008 06:50 pm

aha,

Yes - much better no more noticable wind noise than before and locks and opens as before - first class as ever mr Macfarlane. left it in suffolk for a week to see what else happens in the way of car crime on my road but i've noted nothing so far. not sure about water leaks but i'll investigate over the weekend. those shocks have turned up so that'll hopefully be sorted when i return. it's off to rainy wales next weekend so that'll test all the bits that might fall off

i'll check the scrap yard for another door on saturday hopefully but i'm not sure about a re-spray - might just get several different coloured panels and have a slate grey, blue, white and brown car - all the popular 340 schemes.

went to check the motorbike problem but honda helpfully put the mixture/pilot screw under the carb so fiddling with it without the right screwdiver right angle socket is a heat-based accident in waiting. . . more on that another time. quite a lot of fun riding into work regardless. insured it today £99 all in. imagine that. . .

thanks again and hopefully see you saturdee.
1986 1.4DL - 147,000 - C746 VRT

mac

Post by mac » 21 Aug 2008 11:31 am

Mornin' Toby,

£99! Shocking - I'm almost paying that for my turbo estate - ah! the benefits of being old and crumbly!

Valve gear re-built, head ready - see u sat. for the brain surgery!

Mac.