need help!

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
patch79

Post by patch79 » 07 Sep 2008 06:44 pm

yeah, the renault had single point injection and electronic ignition but the new engines from the scrapyard so the wiring got butchered when it was taken out, ive checked and it has a drive for the original fuel pump and the original manifold all lines up. these things are so easy to work on! I cant belive how few wires there were, i got the old engine out on my dinner brake!
Do you know if there is any kind of LSD avalible? if it'll have the power to make it worth putting in. Some grass trackers i talked to were on about a slipper diff out of a larger volvo i think maybe a 750, they were a bit unsure if it would work though.

pettaw
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by pettaw » 07 Sep 2008 08:33 pm

unfortunately no easy LSD for our Volvo 300s :( We've been looking but anything would have to be custom made and not cheap.

jtbo

Post by jtbo » 07 Sep 2008 09:20 pm

LSD is perhaps not much use with standard 1.4 anyway?

But if one tunes 120-140hp (that might cost few pennies) out from 1.4, maybe then on slippery surface it would be of some help, but as 1.4 can't put much torque to tires it should be less issue than with tuned 2l engines.

Do you remember old Fiat Abarth, it has small engine screaming something around 9000rpm or maybe even more? Still it had pushrod design. It would be nice to make similar powerful 1.4 unit someday, unpractical on road of course, but on track it would be quite fun, I believe.
Volvo 360GL -88 -under restoration-
Volvo 343DL vario -81 -running- Image
Volvo 240 Diesel -83 -undecided-
Citroen ZX Dturbo -97 -daily- ImageImage