Why 360 is better?

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
jtbo

Why 360 is better?

Post by jtbo » 16 Nov 2008 09:58 pm

Because it has a sauna sm87

Little explanation is perhaps needed ;)

I spend around 3/4rd of year in hotels, there is big hotels, small hotels, comfy hotels and so on, I have slept probably in 75% of big hotels in this country, so I have little experience in hotels one can say.

But until of now, I have not been in room labeled 360, this one is and I must say it is one of best so far, as here is sauna, two queen size beds, fast internet and anything else what you would except from big hotel.

Now I just wait when is turn to sleep in 340, 343 and 345 :lol:

Ok, I'm bit of tired, also shitty french shopping cart caught fire when I was replacing bulp of dipped beam (separated high beam lamps), maybe more sleep would have been needed, but I decided to replace bulb with car running and lights on.
So it did happen that +12V lead touched metal wire that holds bulb on place and there happened somewhat interesting reaction, this wire, which I had between my fingers at the moment, started to glow in reddish colour, very soon it became orange/yellow and bursts flames around, then it was when I realise that I have better release my hand from it.

Burning human flesh smells same as sausages if you drop them into fire, pain comes later, after one stumps his hand into snow while running into cockpit to cut off power.

Luckily there was snow around, could throw it into engine bay, so nothing serious damage, not even wires.

So what happened to that metal wire? Beats me, half of it seems to been vapourized and it was quite impossible to make bulb stay properly in it's place anymore.

I presume that french car does not have fuses for headlights, or at least those are bit overrated :roll:

Take care, and remember to cut off power before touching metal parts with +12V leads ;)
Volvo 360GL -88 -under restoration-
Volvo 343DL vario -81 -running- Image
Volvo 240 Diesel -83 -undecided-
Citroen ZX Dturbo -97 -daily- ImageImage

nomashedswede
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by nomashedswede » 16 Nov 2008 11:49 pm

VERY funny post, jtbo - you should be a comedian ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Any society that would give up it`s freedoms to gain a little security, will deserve neither and lose both"

Cloud

Post by Cloud » 29 Nov 2008 01:46 pm

lol
B Volvo 360 GLT - 2.0i 52k
N Volvo 480 Celebration - 2.0 140k!
P Hyundai Coupé SE - 2.0i 16v 99k