red cvt from holland.

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
volvodspec

red cvt from holland.

Post by volvodspec » 09 Dec 2008 06:33 pm

Hello,

I'm Anjo van den Akker, a Dutch volvo300club member, and since recently a member of the v3c technical commission. I know this site for a while, but recently I thougt, well lets join the community!

my name at v3c is AvdAkker, but for this forum i chose volvodspec because thats what i call my project, VOLVO Drift SPEC!

it will stay a streetlegal (mot & stuff..) ride, but i do go sideways a lot:D

i have a showroom topic at v3c: http://forum.volvo300club.nl/showthread.php?t=2810

the 340 will be completely modified: re-spray (+a little rustbusting), spoilered/bodykit, engine conversion, upgrades suspension, even heavyer audio than i already had (all kicker, 152 dB at max) etc etc..

some relativly recent pics for a blimp on how its coming along

this topic won't be getting updates like the v3c topic, but this is just a teaser for those who are interested;)

greetings from the netherlands

classicswede
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by classicswede » 09 Dec 2008 07:11 pm

Hi and welcome to v3m. Looks like a very nice project. I'll have to check out the V3C forum to view all the info on your car.

Regards

Dai
Dai

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk

http://www.classicswede.com

phone/text 07824887160

Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 09 Dec 2008 07:28 pm

Looks really cool. 8)

Welcome to V3m. :)

volvodspec

update

Post by volvodspec » 25 Dec 2008 01:29 pm

just to let you all know i'm still busy with a short update, filled my 340 up with goodies

yes, a 5gtt turbo engine, that i can instantly drop into a 340. this is the conversion set previously owned by frits hendrickx, he is putting another engine into his 340L and i'll continue with this project.

i'm planning on modifing the licensedocuments etc, via a RDW test (dutch orginisation of traffic) a few papers is the only problem, some modifications still have to be made to ensure it's streetlegality.

problem no1 will be the exhaust, a full open sidepipe is fun, but won't be effective with a soundtest. a few dampers have to be installed.

also i want to mount a wide frontmount intercooler behind the grille instead of the stock 5gtt intercooler.

when i get those 2 problems solved, the engine will be installed into the red car. this saturday i'm swapping out the entire front suspension incl steering rack and subframe because the current one is all worn and twisted due to a small drifting accident :P also since the engine will be dropped a bit due to removing the suspension, i'm swapping out the cvt for a manual 5speed. so i can get the hang of shifting gear again :lol:

after a succesfull swap into the red car, i'm buying another 340, give it koni's all round, new braking parts and the alloy wheels with brandnew tires. thiss car will get the gtt engine and will be taken to the rdw center for a modification of the license papers. things like a road handling test, sound test have to be done, and they check if the convertion is done correctly.

when that's a succes it will be streetlegal and the insurance has to be informed... after that the modifications aren't done.

coilovers front + rear, double leafspring rear, discbrakes at the rear, g60 discs + 6piston calipers on front. polybushes on front suspension, a full anti rust threatment and then the car will be torn apart for a twotone paintjob, hopefully by then including the stock bodykit. then i'll go further with the interior.

trabitom99
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by trabitom99 » 29 Dec 2008 01:32 pm

Hi Anjo!

Welcome to the forum, and many thanks for your useful advice so far on many of the posts here :-) Best of luck with your project, look forward to seeing more of it ...

Tom
343 GL Touring B14.1E CVT (155) 98000kms 1980 (sold)
343 L Junior B14.3E MT4 (155) 229000kms 1981 (scrapped)
343 DLS B19A MT4 (155) 167900kms 1982
360 GL Injection B200F MT5 (231) 348598kms 1988 (scrapped)
360 GLT B200F MT5 (302) 230000kms 1988