Pass Plus

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
jtbo

Re: Pass Plus

Post by jtbo » 25 Feb 2009 09:25 pm

volvosneverdie wrote: V3m should definatly get a team on eggheads.
Walk all over them.
That might not work out, I'm pretty sure they have some rule to disqualify V3M members as they know too much :lol:

But it is really amazing how wide scope of different information can be obtained in here, also from different cultures and such, I like different cultures, also I talk too much sm6 :oops:
Volvo 360GL -88 -under restoration-
Volvo 343DL vario -81 -running- Image
Volvo 240 Diesel -83 -undecided-
Citroen ZX Dturbo -97 -daily- ImageImage

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 25 Feb 2009 09:55 pm

jtbo wrote:
volvosneverdie wrote: V3m should definatly get a team on eggheads.
Walk all over them.
That might not work out, I'm pretty sure they have some rule to disqualify V3M members as they know too much :lol:

But it is really amazing how wide scope of different information can be obtained in here, also from different cultures and such, I like different cultures, also I talk too much sm6 :oops:
nah man, you dont talk enough.

talk on dude.

you say interesting things. :P

MJ
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by MJ » 26 Feb 2009 11:15 pm

Not sure what difference it would make, but it's meant to be a fair bit. I did it, but as I was only a named driver and didn't have insurance in my name I didn't get any reduction :?

TBH how much you get out of it depends on your instructor. Mine used to be a police driving instructor and was a great chap so learned a few things, like techniques for overtaking which was quite useful as at that stage I'd overtaken very little except cyclists. We went on a fairly quiet A road which gets used by lots of artics, so passed several of those. You also get taught stuff that you've not been told before, as the instructor is just preping you for the test and doesn't want to confuse you or overcomplicate things. As there's no test for Pass Plus they can pass on useful tips, and things you'd be taught if you went on to any of the other advanced tests like ROSPA or IAM.

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 27 Feb 2009 12:04 am

cheers mj.
see how that would all be helpfull to someone straight out of the box.
gonna have a good luck onto where to go next before i pay up for anything though.

d3k4y0
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by d3k4y0 » 28 Feb 2009 09:48 am

I didn't do it, but a friend of mine did (out of the box).
In our experience, not all insurers discount for pass plus and the ones that do have higher premiums to start with; so the savings, if any, are negligible compared to shopping around.
Your best bet is to play-off the comparison sites, against each other, then phone the cheapest one and see if they can beat the quote. They should be able to, too, as the comparison companies take a referral fee.

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 28 Feb 2009 11:19 am

Cheers dave.
Cheapest ive got was direct line (online 400 as opposed to a grand anywhere else) and they give you absolutley no oppertunity to declare mods (maybe why its so low). Ive gone right through the whole precedure, up untill the 'click here to buy' point and at no time do they ask about engine changes/upgrades, wheels/lowering, tints/spots or anything else.
When renewal comes round, im taking it. If they dont ask, i cant tell em.

Chris_C
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by Chris_C » 28 Feb 2009 05:33 pm

Not an option at all ;)

Direct Line won't do mods for under 25's (can't remember if that applies or not for you ;)) They'd insure me for a turbo motor, but not alloys on a 300... go figure. Always ring up a company, the phone price is less than the web price if you haggle, as the website can't haggle well!
'89(G) 340 GLE B172k
'03 S60 D5 SE, '91 (J) MX5, 1954 Cyclemaster
Ex:
'89(F) 340 GL F7R (ex B172k) - Fake -> SBKV 300 Runner Up 08, 12; '91(H) 340 GL B14.4E - Kar; '88(F) 360 GLT B200E - Jet -> BKV 300 Runner Up 09; '89(G) 360 GLT B200E - Beast

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 28 Feb 2009 05:59 pm

Well i'm 32 man. 31 + 1/2 anyway.
And i'm very happy at that price.

Think ringing them up would move the quote up, and not down in this case....................................