Mot fails

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
Ronnie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Re: Mot fails

Post by Ronnie » 24 May 2010 07:42 pm

Jani, I've always liked you - but this french car thing, well, it demeans you :lol:

This is the perfect opportunity to scrap the damn thing and get a proper car

What happened to the V8 stationwagon battlebus car of awesomeness?
'85 360GLT Mk2 3 Door B19E - SOLD
'94 L400 Mitsubishi Delica LWB

http://www.filterfeeder.eu

jtbo

Re: Mot fails

Post by jtbo » 25 May 2010 07:13 pm

Ronnie wrote:Jani, I've always liked you - but this french car thing, well, it demeans you :lol:

This is the perfect opportunity to scrap the damn thing and get a proper car

What happened to the V8 stationwagon battlebus car of awesomeness?
V8 it sitting on yard, it would require MOT, however I'm too poor for that, also it needs new ECM/ECU whatever, seems to be that torque converter lockup is frying ECM, I have gone trough couple of those boxes already, also I have no idea how much welding MOT requires.

Both Volvo's require welding too, maybe soon I get little more income so I can get some sheetmetal and other stuff needed, then also MOT is needed, which is insanely priced, for french crap or 240 hair under 90 euros, around 70 for V8 or 360.

Finally got decision that my allowance is approved so things start to look bit better slowly.

However I have been using french crap too long, I'm well too used one feature it has over other of my vehicles, it is relatively quiet, especially with sound insulation that I have done to it, at 50Mph you don't need to raise your voice at all, it is quite pleasant feature, also 60MPG figures are quite nice too, it has probably done some evile magic to my brain or something, but with 360 I think I need earplugs :lol:
Volvo 360GL -88 -under restoration-
Volvo 343DL vario -81 -running- Image
Volvo 240 Diesel -83 -undecided-
Citroen ZX Dturbo -97 -daily- ImageImage