another drift 340 fixing it AFTER Buxton drift weekend

For drift/rally/builds cars projects, engine conversions etc...
Describe your plans, project(s) evolution, works progress and final result!
mat_91

Re: another drift 340 update with work done shock horror

Post by mat_91 » 20 Feb 2012 01:42 pm

all i can work out its a damper for when you hit full lock as they are pretty soft, ive been playing with my spare rack and you can wind the track rod out about 20-30mm i think it was a while ago before it runs out of teeth ive done this to see how much of a spacer i can machine up before it runs out of teeth so there is plently of teeth there its been like this few days and no probs and ive been using the full lock a lot im hoping to hit up buxton drift weekend in march so that would be a test but im not worried at all about this mod

Bodyman

Post by Bodyman » 03 Mar 2012 03:33 pm

I Did this on mine last weekend, seems to make a big improvement for 10 mins work!

Nice one!

mat_91

Post by mat_91 » 03 Mar 2012 07:45 pm

yep it does give a nice increase in lock but i want more dam i want a lathe so bad

mat_91

Re: another drift 340 getting ready for Buxton drift weekend

Post by mat_91 » 05 Mar 2012 06:27 pm

hey dudes been playing again today with all this sun weve had
Started off with fixing my exhaust it had a 1cm crack at the downpipe and has been doing my head in for weeks so out came the welder and got er done sorry no pics didnt have the mojo then but after i had refitted the exhaust and had no blows
I then got the mojo back and decided to change my brake fluid as ive been meaning to do it for a while and it was black remember kids replace brake fluid every 2 years or 24,000miles so out with the jacks and axle stands and started bleeding them with the help of my little brother, started with the back no probs then went on to the N/S/F cracked the bleed nipple and got nothing not even a dribble wipped out the bleed nipple and same great a block in the bleed nipple feed as i could blow throu the bleed nipple so just to be safe i thought off with the calliper and out with the piston and this sorry mess greeted me
it was like some sort of goo there was nothing in the brake pipe so not sure were its came from and the calliper seals are all good and dont leak and i have a good brake pedal feel all the time the goo was soft thou and wiped away easily anyway back to the blockage blowing compressed air throw it still nothing so out with the pokers and i got it cleared throu no pictures thou sorry so after that i put the piston back in and put the caliper back on and bleed the rest of the system no probs this was the colour of the brake fluid that came out errrr
fitted my other cig lighter as there was just a blank there and its wired up it stops me hitting things when in 5th gear i dont smoke but it does come in handy and fills a hole on the dash
and i came across this the other day and thought it fitted well on my glove box

jon-ovlov

Post by jon-ovlov » 05 Mar 2012 07:58 pm

Jesus thank god there was a comma in there!

Anyways, fair play dude, when I did my brakes the fluid colour was like that. Scary! Glad you got it sorted :D
Speedy88 wrote: Leave choke on, idling obnoxiously until neighbours peer out windows at the noisy exhaust
Give neighbours thumbs up
Rev engine to 7K
Exit street sideways
Win at life.

mat_91

Post by mat_91 » 05 Mar 2012 08:29 pm

just think your self lucky you can read it hahahahah i always forget commas or i feel im putting to many in :roll:
and yer ive got two more calipers but didnt want to use them theve not seen fluid for 2 years stupid me left them like it
so im glad it was a easy fix

valman

Post by valman » 07 Mar 2012 03:15 pm

that steering lock mod sure looks good - i know what ill be doing tonight :P
reckon it will be possible to machine down the metal too thats behind the plastic ring for even more lock? :twisted:
ImageImage

mat_91

Post by mat_91 » 07 Mar 2012 09:05 pm

it is a nice improvement for 10mins work will see how much difference there is this weekend woop
i wouldnt do it that way personally valman, the best way i can see is to lathe down some extenders that screw into the rack, then you screw the track rod into the spacer, when i looked last theres about 20mm more before you needed more teeth :lol: i think around that number maybe more, its same idea as drift-works offset rack spacers and thinking about it they may have to be offset so not to go over centre need to look when that would happen and see how much of a spacer you could get away with
a bit like this

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Post by volvosneverdie » 07 Mar 2012 10:00 pm

Get videos you mother!

mat_91

Post by mat_91 » 08 Mar 2012 10:02 am

they should be videos and pictures, this time there twinning comp and team comps but i havent got a team so i not be doing that i think :cry:

mat_91

Post by mat_91 » 11 Mar 2012 09:34 pm

well shes broken big time, it seems my engine block doesnt like 2nd gear, full throttle double clutch kick entry's in dry weather,
As a mount for the bell-housing has snapped off as a result the prop is toast as is the input shaft on the bell-housing,
Im not rely sure what happen first, weather the engine block snapped causing the other damage other the other way round but the casting there doesnt look that good, here is some photos of the block i will try and video the bent input shaft tomorrow plans are already afoot for its replacement stay tuned

volvosneverdie
*** V3M DONOR ***

Re: another drift 340 fixing it AFTER Buxton drift weekend

Post by volvosneverdie » 11 Mar 2012 10:05 pm

Murderer!

mat_91

Post by mat_91 » 11 Mar 2012 10:24 pm

haha i was pushing hard all morning in the wet and loving it and when it dried up i had to drive even harder to get it to stop under steering 8) it was either massive scandinavian clutch clicked entry's or under-steer into the wall which would of killed that car :oops: , i dont regret it well a little but it will come back stronger and harder with no Renault init thank god

Speedy88

Post by Speedy88 » 11 Mar 2012 10:51 pm

haha wow dude! That's some good going. Did you bump into my friend ryan down there? He was driving a diesel granada.
'88 340 Williams (Sold)
'85 360 GLS - Drift project (Sold)
'77 Colt Sigma
'96 940 Drift project

crazydan

Post by crazydan » 11 Mar 2012 11:20 pm

waaaaw :o impressive :lol:

how did youre steering lock trick work on track?

was there any videos before it broke?