SteveP wrote:Why scrap it? Surely the best thing to do is just stick it on ebay if the plate sells.
I agree - if it is up for scrap - sell the plate and give the car to me (or someone else here)
i think what mick is getting at, is that the car is on ebay, but it will sell due to the plate, not the car, the buyer will probably scrap it afterwards
the number plate is listed on ebay and to make the transfer go easier I am prepared to include the car in the sale (wouldent you for £800/£1,000 ).
chances are that whoever buys it wont want the car and I would rather sell the interior and replace it with a standard one than risk it going to the crusher ,
However if the number plate sells , I will point the buyer in the direction of the club if he should want to sell the car on ,
this is the only item I am prepared to sell which is not an accessory or non standard part (oh and the cassette holder)
Its possible yeh although you have to make plates up as the rear squab in a 5/4 door has rounded corners and the covers will have to come off the front 5 door seats to fit them to a 3 door!! Without doing it before i did the conversion in a bout 6/7 hours so now it would take around 3-4 i guess!!!
Adam