Volvo 360 GLT parts on offer

Put here your advertisements to sell cars and parts
User avatar
340cbr
Posts: 501
Joined: 31 Oct 2005 12:50 pm
Location: Portugal

Post by 340cbr »

Ali wrote:Nope it'll just mean my steering won't be so damn heavy! With the B200e its pretty heavy in comparisson to 340s. There was some talk about fitting the rack from some other car to make it less turns lock to lock but can't remember what car now,
cheers
Ali
It's one of the biggest handicaps of the 300's...
| 92' 965 Turbo 16v | B204FT - 190hp |

Had: 90' 340 GL + Turbo | B18 FT | Koni's | Alpina White |
User avatar
foggyjames
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 9361
Joined: 29 Jan 2004 04:20 am
Location: Nottingham, UK

Post by foggyjames »

Can't say I agree with Andy - the turning circle is much worse on the PAS cars - more in line with a typical FWD car. The number of turns lock-to-lock also reduces from 4 to ~3.

cheers

James
VOC 300-series Register Keeper
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'85 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
...and some modern FWD nonsense to get me to work...
pettaw
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 1673
Joined: 15 Aug 2004 07:39 pm
Location: London, UK

Post by pettaw »

I drive both PAS and non-PAS 360s regularly, but I can't say I've noticed any difference in the turning circle tbh. Might be less than a 340, but although turns lock-to-lock is reduced I don't think there's any appreciable difference in turning circle, but its something we keep meaning to measure.
User avatar
SteveP
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 7944
Joined: 21 Sep 2004 12:45 pm
Location: Coventry, UK

Post by SteveP »

foggyjames wrote:Can't say I agree with Andy - the turning circle is much worse on the PAS cars - more in line with a typical FWD car. The number of turns lock-to-lock also reduces from 4 to ~3.
Typical FWD car - no. Any other FWD car I get into, the turning circle is diabolical compared to the 360. The turning circle on PAS 300's is still quite tight. Remember that 340's always had a tighter turning circle than 360s anyway...

AFAIK we've never tested a non PAS 360 vs a PAS 360 side by side.
1989 - Volvo 360 GLT
1985 - Volvo 360 GLS
2008 - Volvo S60 SE Lux
User avatar
340cbr
Posts: 501
Joined: 31 Oct 2005 12:50 pm
Location: Portugal

Post by 340cbr »

The turning circle is ok

What is bad is the number of turns lock to lock
| 92' 965 Turbo 16v | B204FT - 190hp |

Had: 90' 340 GL + Turbo | B18 FT | Koni's | Alpina White |
User avatar
SteveP
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 7944
Joined: 21 Sep 2004 12:45 pm
Location: Coventry, UK

Post by SteveP »

Whilst I remember Pete... can I grab the bootlight switch out of one of the saloons too...
1989 - Volvo 360 GLT
1985 - Volvo 360 GLS
2008 - Volvo S60 SE Lux
User avatar
petefarrell360
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 3083
Joined: 11 Oct 2004 07:12 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Post by petefarrell360 »

You can grab a bootlight switch Mr Steve!

I've had a brief look at body panels and it's an odd one, as on the Foggy coloured saloon, one panel is as wrotten as anything, as is the top edge of one rear door, yet everything else is looking mighty clean and rust free. So Foggy, I think there is a quick answer to your badly sprayed o/s front wing! Shame I can't help out with the whacked Polak one! The more I look at this car, the less I see that needs doing to get it back on the road, but I couldn't even give the black saloon away!

So Steve, n/s front door is near perfect from what I can see. The rear door on the same side has a tiny dent, which could be filled before spraying, or the black car might be the better option for the rear door, either way, there should be enough nice panels to cover it!

Pete
G reg 360 GLT, G reg 340 GL Variomatic, plus many more..........
User avatar
foggyjames
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 9361
Joined: 29 Jan 2004 04:20 am
Location: Nottingham, UK

Post by foggyjames »

Cool! :D

Ah, I didn't realise manual 360s were worse than 340s. I know there's a world of difference between Nessy and the 360 in terms of turning circle, but the 360 is a lot more responsive on-road.

Connecting up the PAS pipework from the rack end-to-end would make for a nice manual quick-rack - it's what the yanks do to 240s to PAS-delete when they're too lazy to pull the rack.

cheers

James
VOC 300-series Register Keeper
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'85 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
...and some modern FWD nonsense to get me to work...
User avatar
Carl
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 1275
Joined: 17 Jan 2004 12:29 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
Contact:

Post by Carl »

Pete - do you recall what the gearboxes were like in the 360s?
Carl
Rover SD1 Vitesse (and no Volvos :()
But previously:
1988 Volvo 360GLT
1988 Volvo 360GLT
1984 Volvo 340DL
www.carlgibbs.com/gallery
User avatar
petefarrell360
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 3083
Joined: 11 Oct 2004 07:12 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Post by petefarrell360 »

Well, one I can't possibly comment on, as I've not dirven it on the road Carl. Andy has first dibs on the gearbox available from the gold saloon, and I'll be keeping the one from the black car as a spare, and that I know is a good one for sure. I hate to have to do it, but the diesel one could be available, Once again, no idea on how good it actually is.
Pete
G reg 360 GLT, G reg 340 GL Variomatic, plus many more..........
User avatar
Carl
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 1275
Joined: 17 Jan 2004 12:29 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
Contact:

Post by Carl »

Not to worry then, a known good one would have been a useful spare, but not fussed if they're of unkown condition!.

I'm almost tempted by this 300 TD project of yours - seems a shame to break it. Any idea what Nissan the engine originated from?
Carl
Rover SD1 Vitesse (and no Volvos :()
But previously:
1988 Volvo 360GLT
1988 Volvo 360GLT
1984 Volvo 340DL
www.carlgibbs.com/gallery
User avatar
petefarrell360
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 3083
Joined: 11 Oct 2004 07:12 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Post by petefarrell360 »

The engine originated from a Nissan Vanette as I understand it, and would also have been used in the turbo'd Bluebirds! Not sure if we ever got those here, not up on my Nissans! Anyway, I did find some info on it somewhere, figures etc. The engine is a Nissan LD20T II from memory. Andy and myself had a quick go at starting it on Sunday, but with poorly charged batteries and a lack of working glow plugs it didn't happen, although it did try at one point. We disarmed the Derby immobiliser and got the glow plugs wired in, but we think only one was working. I'd better check the fuel situation and the I'll try it with a tractor battery once it's charged, rather than these feeble and dead things I've got lying about!
Image
Image
Image
Pete
G reg 360 GLT, G reg 340 GL Variomatic, plus many more..........
User avatar
foggyjames
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 9361
Joined: 29 Jan 2004 04:20 am
Location: Nottingham, UK

Post by foggyjames »

BTW Pete, it's called "Smoke Silver", not "Pornstar Gold/Bronze" sm56

cheers

James
VOC 300-series Register Keeper
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'85 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
...and some modern FWD nonsense to get me to work...
Vart
Posts: 363
Joined: 04 Jun 2005 05:11 pm
Location: Suffolk

Post by Vart »

are there two central locking motors and asoc gubbins available and do they fit 340 3 doors? not for definate but having had it on the awful 1.7 i had put down, i miss it.

i spose its only one other door to unlock but its still a hassle

cheers
1986 1.4DL - 147,000 - C746 VRT
User avatar
foggyjames
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 9361
Joined: 29 Jan 2004 04:20 am
Location: Nottingham, UK

Post by foggyjames »

Is this a C/L retrofit kit, or replacement for duff bits?

cheers

James
VOC 300-series Register Keeper
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'85 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
...and some modern FWD nonsense to get me to work...
Post Reply