Page 5 of 8

Posted: 20 Nov 2006 02:08 am
by petefarrell360
I hope to be there! Just depends on how thing go!
Pete

Posted: 20 Nov 2006 07:49 pm
by classicswede
I know what you mean!

Hope you can make it cheers.

Posted: 23 Dec 2006 09:17 pm
by petefarrell360
Dai, as we all know I didn't make it to the meet. I hadn't had time to cut the boot floor out either. Anyway, I found a spare couple of hours tonight, had stocked up on cutting discs and got myself a grinder, as I didn't want to kill my Dad's one! I thought it might be a bit difficult due to the chassis rails running front to back. And theres a folded lip that's spot welded to that. I managed to get a good extra amount around the well to the n/s of the car, as the wel is off centre, and at the back I cut some of the rear panel out fo you. One thing I have since considered, is that the donor is a saloon, which overall is longer, so where it makes up the extra length at the rear I don't know, it's nothing more than 100 mm or so. But I'm sure you'll make it fit somehow!

However the o/s is very close to the box section chassis rails. I managed to get 50 mm worth of boot floor that side, but towards the front of the car I could only manage 20 mm or so from the wheel well return to the cross rail underneath. I'll take a picture in the daylight tomorrow, as if it's no good to you, I've another 360 I can try and do differently.

I had trouble seeing, as the goggles I had to hand weren't ones that fitted over my glasses, so the glasses had to come off! Made things interesting, in the dark with a headlamp on! But at least things can progress with the shell, the parents aren't too happy about how long it's taken.

If anyone else wants anypart of the shell, shout now! As it will be gone soon now!

Pete

Posted: 23 Dec 2006 09:41 pm
by classicswede
Cheers Pete,

I know what you mean about parents nagging! :x

I'm not sure if there is any difference in the wheel well between the saloon and the hatch tbh. As its going to be used in a 340 I'd imagine I can make it fit.

Talking of pannels thats reminded me of a topic I need to bring up later :D

Cheers

Posted: 24 Dec 2006 02:03 pm
by foggyjames
Oooh....I should probably jump on this actually. Can I have a large chunk of the bottom half of the O/S A-pillar please? Call it 12" up, as far down as you can get, plus about 6" towards the centre of the car.

I'm sure there are more bits...

cheers

James

Posted: 24 Dec 2006 03:28 pm
by petefarrell360
Right, Dai, there is actually a difference in the wheel wells between saloon and hatch. I had a quick look in the boot of the vario 340 GL this morning, and despite not having a wheel well, the rear panel under the boot catch has a dip of the wheel to sit into on removal. THe saloon has a completely flat panel under the catch. THe extra boot length means they did away with the dip. The saloon one is right up to the central chassis crossrail, and then nearly mets the rear panel. Either way, I'm sure you'll be able to mate it up to what's already there. Pics later.........

James, no problemo, I'll get some more cutting discs first then attack that part for ya. Only O/S? It is the outer seen skin you want, not the actual structural pillar, but I;ll get it all as one. As the inner part under the screen is a bit rot ridden, the outer skin appears to be fine.

Pete

Posted: 24 Dec 2006 06:17 pm
by Chris_C
Can I have the front corners (where the front crossmember welds to the wings) if thats not holey dude ;) The bits by the lights.

Posted: 24 Dec 2006 08:06 pm
by petefarrell360
Yep, no problem mate, I was gonna save them anyway, as I remember they looked quite good.
Pete

Posted: 25 Dec 2006 08:40 pm
by petefarrell360
Image
Hmmm, anyone fancy the extra ventilation model of the 360 with the hole in the boot floor, not much use for carrying loads tho!? Notice how clean inside the box sections are at the rear? Pretty impressive.
Image
Dai, your removed wheel well, I had to get quite close to remove the well on the right and rear sides.
Image
Dai, not the difference between this saloon version and the 340 hatch below without wheel well, but the dip is incorporated into the rear panel. I'm sure a man of your calibre will be able to sort it out.

Pete
Image

Posted: 25 Dec 2006 09:29 pm
by classicswede
I think I should be able to make that work. I'll have a look in the morning and see how well I think it will work.

Cheers

Posted: 09 Jan 2007 10:37 pm
by classicswede
Pete,

another thing I am after is the cover that goes under the steering colum that does not have a manual choke.

Cheers

Posted: 09 Jan 2007 10:40 pm
by petefarrell360
No problem Dai! It's merely got a bung in it mate. I 'm planning to replace one on my vario too, if/when I remove the hand controls, as they had to cut a section out of the plastic cover for it to mount on the column.

So if you're cover is ok, and all you need is the bung, then I'll have one of those on it's own spare as mine has a choke and the covers I have are from GLT's!

Pete

Posted: 10 Jan 2007 09:56 pm
by classicswede
Spot on Pete, all I need is the bung for reasons most of you will know :D

Posted: 13 Feb 2007 03:43 pm
by Tourinki
Hi Pete

Have you got any electric toys ie. electric front window systems for 360


Cheers

Sami

Posted: 13 Feb 2007 08:09 pm
by petefarrell360
Hi Sami! Well, I can probably piece most of the bits together. Steve was having most of the doors off of that car, but was going to use his own mechanisms and motors as he's given his current ones an overhaul and service, so knows they are good!

What parts would you need, everything to start from scratch to convert from manual winders? I can't remember how involved the wiring loom gets with regards to the windows..... The switches and that part of the loom is quite easy.....

I've not got any spare electric mirrors I'm afraid, one of mine met a nasty end yesterday! Also, one thing to remember that we've learned through mirrors from Right Hand Drive vehicles being installed on Left Hand Drive vehicles, is that the angles appear to be wrong, even on full adjustment. I think it requires the internal mounts to be swapped from side to side.

Pete