Page 7 of 26

Posted: 18 Oct 2007 08:59 pm
by foggyjames
...or you could slap the 45s on the current engine while you build the B230. It'd be a nice upgrade over the EFI setup.

cheers

James

Posted: 19 Oct 2007 01:11 pm
by classicswede
Might not be a bad idea to put the carbs on now as it will boost the power some what on a 2ltr. That way you can get some benifit with out having to lay out cash on all the other stuff you need fot the 2.3 engine

Posted: 25 Oct 2007 10:22 pm
by Frits
Nikdev, how much stiffer is the front with those 240 rear springs? Happy with it?

Is it a little bit stiffer, or much stiffer?

Posted: 27 Oct 2007 03:10 pm
by Nikdev
foggyjames wrote:...or you could slap the 45s on the current engine while you build the B230. It'd be a nice upgrade over the EFI setup.
Its a carb engine mate, b200k :wink:
classicswede wrote:Might not be a bad idea to put the carbs on now as it will boost the power some what on a 2ltr. That way you can get some benifit with out having to lay out cash on all the other stuff you need fot the 2.3 engine
Yes! but I'm thinking of an uprated head and i kam along with the Weber's, my engine still hasn't run 100`km, it still fresh and i hope it will produce some HP.. Should i keep or ditch the Renix ignition?
Frits wrote:Nikdev, how much stiffer is the front with those 240 rear springs? Happy with it?

Is it a little bit stiffer, or much stiffer?
Its a little stiffer, but not stiff enough for track.. Remember i got 240 lesjefjørs springs, they are 40mm lower and stiffer than original

Posted: 27 Oct 2007 04:04 pm
by foggyjames
It'll be an even bigger upgrade, then. That little CISAC 34/34 really holds the B200K back.

You'll be fine with Renix. You may not get the perfect timing curve, but there are bigger problems, to be fair. Exhaust & header, for a start...

Basically, I bolted the 40s on, swapped to a K cam...did absolutely nothing else (not even an exhaust)...and went from ~101bhp (assuming factory spec) to 140bhp. Better than a poke in the eye.

cheers

James

Posted: 27 Oct 2007 04:52 pm
by Nikdev
foggyjames wrote: Exhaust & header, for a start...

Basically, I bolted the 40s on, swapped to a K cam...did absolutely nothing else (not even an exhaust)...and went from ~101bhp (assuming factory spec) to 140bhp. Better than a poke in the eye.
Brilliant! Thats an amazing result 8)
I got a 4-2-1 on the way, combining that with a 2,5" pipes will sort the exhaust part i belive:
Image

*Wish i was home in my garage*

Posted: 27 Oct 2007 05:10 pm
by SteveP
Oooh that would be nice for a RHD PAS N/A car :D :D

Posted: 27 Oct 2007 05:15 pm
by Frits
All looking very good Nikkie ;) Some very nice parts/ car and ehh.. jeahh. that's what I meant. :]

Posted: 27 Oct 2007 05:24 pm
by foggyjames
With the 45s and an exhaust, I reckon you'd be at 160+bhp if you were making peak power at 6000rpm. I'm making peak power at 5500, mainly because of that exhaust. You can literally hear it 'filling up' at high RPM....crazy!

Later, go to the B23/230 and you should make circa 200, especially with a hotter cam, higher compression, and balancing it up for 7000-7500 operation.

cheers

James

Posted: 27 Oct 2007 08:38 pm
by Tourinki
Nikdev wrote:*Wish i was home in my garage*
Me too. And apparently it shouldn't take long to us get our manifolds. And if i'm lucky i have enough time to fit it and make a new exhaust before next Mot.

Posted: 12 Nov 2007 08:53 pm
by Frits
Nikdev wrote:
foggyjames wrote: Exhaust & header, for a start...

Basically, I bolted the 40s on, swapped to a K cam...did absolutely nothing else (not even an exhaust)...and went from ~101bhp (assuming factory spec) to 140bhp. Better than a poke in the eye.
Brilliant! Thats an amazing result 8)
I got a 4-2-1 on the way, combining that with a 2,5" pipes will sort the exhaust part i belive:


*Wish i was home in my garage*
Been In your garage yet? :]

Posted: 13 Nov 2007 11:42 pm
by Nikdev
Frits wrote:
Been In your garage yet? :]
Going home when my exams are done, in mid December or so. Its 500km away....... And dont call me nikki :lol:


But collected this one some days ago:
Image


Getting in when I get home :D

Posted: 10 Dec 2007 06:29 pm
by Nikdev
Small update The 360 reached a nice figure here the other day:
Image


And i have got some poly's for the front:
Image

(They are from Kg trimming in Sweden.... )
Moving home to the garage next week :D

Posted: 13 Dec 2007 04:40 pm
by Frits
That are some nice upgrades..

I drive also a welded diff right now, 24 Januari i'll take a change for the driftlicence. :wink:

Let me know what the experience whith the bushes will be.

Frits

Posted: 13 Jan 2008 03:16 am
by Nikdev
Frits wrote:That are some nice upgrades..

I drive also a welded diff right now, 24 Januari i'll take a change for the driftlicence. :wink:

Let me know what the experience whith the bushes will be.
I got the welded one in last weekend, and yes it works :D

I will try to fit the brushes tomorrow, ill let you know!

But i got to show you some of the goodies the mail has bought home:
Image

Image

and since i got a leak in one of the rear brake(the pump that sits there) I bought these for nothing:
Image

Looking forward to spend some time with the car in the garage tomorrow :D