Page 1 of 2

mk mini meet ( lets get this saloon started )

Posted: 03 Jan 2006 02:52 pm
by redline
I know we have the Ludlow meet coming up but I really must get the GLE running so it can be sold ,

If anyone wants to come to Milton Keynes to give a hand can they sign up here and I will try to arrange a date (probably a Sunday asap )

sorry I cant put anyone up overnight (you wouldnt want to stay here with my kids anyway )

basically all I want to do is get her running and swap the electric windows into the redline

I have got a replacement pump in case we need it dos anyone have a fuel regulator for one of these in case thats knackered ( gos under the manifold somewhere)

I also need a nearside headlight wiper arm as thats missing if someone has one.

Posted: 03 Jan 2006 07:18 pm
by petefarrell360
Go on then Mick, put my name down! Now I've spoken to Andy and Foggy I know a bit more about the possible problem, where to look etc. Sadly we didn't have enough time to tinker before, but I reckon with a full day and a proper tool kit we'll get it sorted. Let me know when is best for you.
Pete

Posted: 04 Jan 2006 10:17 am
by mickt
I will come along too and will go back to earlier thread to read up first

Cheer mickt ( F reg 360 GLE)

Posted: 04 Jan 2006 09:44 pm
by MJ
I'm supposed to be getting a passenger side headlight wiper arm from mondeo man, aka Hugh, as I thought he was coming down to his parents over Christmas, but he hasn't replied to my e-mail and I havn't seen him here for a week or two, anyone know what he's up to?

Posted: 04 Jan 2006 10:48 pm
by bennett
HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT FOR THIS CAR??? I'LL HAVE IT AS A NON RUNNER AND YOU CAN HAVE THE ELEC WINDOWS???

Posted: 04 Jan 2006 11:52 pm
by petefarrell360
Have alerted Mr Lunnon or as you put it Mondeo Man to your request MJ! He should be in contact soon.
Pete

Posted: 05 Jan 2006 02:42 am
by foggyjames
Saloons are supposed to go sideways better too, what with all that weight oot back... :D

Good luck guys!

cheers

James

Posted: 05 Jan 2006 10:06 am
by 340GLT
foggyjames wrote:Saloons are supposed to go sideways better too, what with all that weight oot back... :D

Good luck guys!

cheers

James
After borring my grandads on skinny tyres i can vouch for that!!! It has scared me a few times chucking it about!!!!
Cheers Adam

Posted: 05 Jan 2006 04:48 pm
by SteveP
I'm not sure if saloons do go sideways more than hatches, though I haven't seriously pushed my saloon yet - it doesnt seem much more tail happy though.

Posted: 05 Jan 2006 06:06 pm
by Ali
If thats true i'd be s**t scared to drive a 340 saloon in the wet with a bent rear axle! :shock:
cheers
Ali

Posted: 10 Jan 2006 08:45 pm
by huskyracer
I would be up for it, date dependent of course, when is it planned for?

Posted: 10 Jan 2006 08:57 pm
by 340GLT
You gonna come to the Ludlow meet husky??
Cheers Adam

Posted: 10 Jan 2006 10:07 pm
by classicswede
bennett wrote:HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT FOR THIS CAR??? I'LL HAVE IT AS A NON RUNNER AND YOU CAN HAVE THE ELEC WINDOWS???
I have a 340 saloon if you are interested. 1.7 engine

Posted: 11 Jan 2006 12:41 am
by SoLaMaNdA
An 'outsider' almost gagging for a 300, unheard off. I think the average prices of the second hand market has just doubled from £50 to £100. This is a private club you know :wink:

*JOKE*

Posted: 11 Jan 2006 01:38 am
by foggyjames
Yes, if you're selling a 300 right now you need to praise the almighty lord of dorifto!

cheers

James