Auxillary gauge panel

Put here your advertisements to sell cars and parts
User avatar
Carl
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 1275
Joined: 17 Jan 2004 12:29 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
Contact:

Auxillary gauge panel

Post by Carl »

Before people get excited, I havent got one for sale :(

However I'm looking into getting some made up. The guy I've been talking to has said it would be easier (and therefore cheaper) to get the panel made in anodised aluminium (in black). A rough estimate is £20 which I think is bloody good. There's also the possibility of getting it engraved if its done in metal. 'Volvo' or the Volvo badge for example.

Making in plastic is still a possibility though depending on what people want.

Unless someone with a gauge panel would like to donate their's as a template, bear in mind it's not going to be an exact replica.

So..... who would be interested in one of these? And would you want it in plastic or aluminium?

Thanks to Chris_C who pointed out this bloke to me for some bits for my Manta!! His website is here if people are interested in his work:
http://www.customsolutions.me.uk/
Carl
Rover SD1 Vitesse (and no Volvos :()
But previously:
1988 Volvo 360GLT
1988 Volvo 360GLT
1984 Volvo 340DL
www.carlgibbs.com/gallery
User avatar
petefarrell360
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 3083
Joined: 11 Oct 2004 07:12 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Post by petefarrell360 »

That bloke does some awesome work! Just been looking at his site, cheers for the link. Seeing some of the things he's done has temtped me to put my name down for one, especially at that price, the only problem as I've said before is losing that space, plus I now have a controller in the way of most of where the gauges would go and I have some ideas brewing to try and make something myself. Personally I think I'll have to pass, but I certainly hope other people take advantage of the opportunity and the skills this chap has to offer in making these custom pieces.
Pete
G reg 360 GLT, G reg 340 GL Variomatic, plus many more..........
User avatar
340GLT
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 3657
Joined: 31 Mar 2005 09:01 pm
Location: Shropshire & Swansea, UK
Contact:

Post by 340GLT »

I may be tempted with another one.
Adam
F559 LFE - 340R 2.0 16v
C208 CTR - 340 1.8 16v
D300 LBO - 360 GLT 3 Door Turbo project!! (and restoration)
F706 RBX - 350R in process!!!
redline
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 5432
Joined: 05 Oct 2004 10:18 am
Location: MILTON KEYNES , ENGLAND

Post by redline »

I deffinately want one at that sort of price , no real preference on material except that plastic would probably look more "original " and Pete , sod the cubby hole thats why we have gloveboxes and door pockets lol
Image
User avatar
MJ
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 1933
Joined: 24 Feb 2005 10:32 pm
Location: Devon/Staffordshire, UK

Post by MJ »

This is the problem with shared family cars, all the places are filled with rubbish lol :lol:
Image
990
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 485
Joined: 04 Sep 2005 12:24 pm
Location: Rochdale, UK

Post by 990 »

£20!

Yep I could be tempted with that - I don't use the cubbyhole for anything (except collecting dust and crumbs) :lol:
Volvo 360 -- Small Car - BIG Ideas

E990 UBA Volvo 360GL - Vanised
D133 OBU Volvo 340GL - Died
F330 FWB Volvo 360GLT - She Runs :)
GJ53 GPF Volvo S60 - Daily
User avatar
Chris_C
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 9600
Joined: 18 Jun 2004 11:53 pm
Location: South Coast, UK

Post by Chris_C »

redline wrote:sod the cubby hole thats why we have gloveboxes and door pockets lol
Door pockets, hmm, since I've been running Fake I realise how much I miss my door pockets in Kar.

Good effort on that Carl, I did wonder about panels when I saw the other ones he's done, I'll be a maybe at the moment, Fake really needs some goodies, but I said I'd keep in standard. That lasted 3 days before I had a hella grill, stereo and gauges in, but hey...
'89(G) 340 GLE B172k
'03 S60 D5 SE, '91 (J) MX5, 1954 Cyclemaster
Ex:
'89(F) 340 GL F7R (ex B172k) - Fake -> SBKV 300 Runner Up 08, 12; '91(H) 340 GL B14.4E - Kar; '88(F) 360 GLT B200E - Jet -> BKV 300 Runner Up 09; '89(G) 360 GLT B200E - Beast
sven360
Posts: 1856
Joined: 20 Nov 2004 11:36 pm
Location: up shitcreek

Post by sven360 »

Bilbo
Posts: 434
Joined: 11 Mar 2005 12:55 pm
Location: N/E England

Post by Bilbo »

Y + A plate both 1983 & D plate 1987 3door 360 Glt's
User avatar
Carl
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 1275
Joined: 17 Jan 2004 12:29 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
Contact:

Post by Carl »

Update time:

I may have aqcuired myself an original gauge panel. Although this kinda negates my need to get one made up I'd still be keen to sort some replicas out if there are still people interested.

Also if I do get hold of the original panel I can send it up to the guy to use as a template rather than relying on the drawings and measurements I've sent up to him.

So who definately would be interested in one? Once I've got exact numbers I can sort out a price with the guy, but as I said before it should be around £20. Also, would your preference be plastic or metal?

Cheers
Carl
Rover SD1 Vitesse (and no Volvos :()
But previously:
1988 Volvo 360GLT
1988 Volvo 360GLT
1984 Volvo 340DL
www.carlgibbs.com/gallery
redline
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 5432
Joined: 05 Oct 2004 10:18 am
Location: MILTON KEYNES , ENGLAND

Post by redline »

plastic and yes deffinately still interested wether I sell the redline or not
Image
User avatar
Carl
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 1275
Joined: 17 Jan 2004 12:29 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
Contact:

Post by Carl »

Right, I'm sending my newly acquired panel up to the dude who will use it as a template to make a black plastic replica. He's a bit snowed under with work so turnaround time is likely to be 3-4 weeks.

I've told him I want 3 made in total. One for Mick, and 2 spare in case anyone else decides they want one. If not I'll either keep hold of them or stick them on ebay.

Mick - do you want to keep the 2 holes for switches?

If anyone else is interested please speak now.

Cheers
Carl
Rover SD1 Vitesse (and no Volvos :()
But previously:
1988 Volvo 360GLT
1988 Volvo 360GLT
1984 Volvo 340DL
www.carlgibbs.com/gallery
User avatar
Stuntman
Posts: 449
Joined: 27 Nov 2005 05:38 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Post by Stuntman »

yes carl, I'd like to reserve the first of the 2 spares
Erm, I've lost my keys again...
User avatar
Carl
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 1275
Joined: 17 Jan 2004 12:29 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
Contact:

Post by Carl »

It's yours!
Carl
Rover SD1 Vitesse (and no Volvos :()
But previously:
1988 Volvo 360GLT
1988 Volvo 360GLT
1984 Volvo 340DL
www.carlgibbs.com/gallery
redline
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 5432
Joined: 05 Oct 2004 10:18 am
Location: MILTON KEYNES , ENGLAND

Post by redline »

yes Carl I would like the switch holes kept if pos , and thanks again for doing these
Image
Post Reply