Page 1 of 2

Mk2 3 door GLT - A little battered

Posted: 24 Mar 2008 09:29 pm
by SteveP

Posted: 24 Mar 2008 11:17 pm
by sven360
Got a certain rustic charm.I'd happily pay that for the rear spoiler :wink:

Posted: 24 Mar 2008 11:38 pm
by Carl
Only just up the road from me if someone needs some help with it - can always bring back to mine and spend a few hours making it roadworthy?!

TBH if it wasn't for the nasty dent I'd almost be tempted to go and get it for a little fixer upper project.

Posted: 24 Mar 2008 11:46 pm
by Jason B
tbh, I'm almost tempted to have it as a parts car but really lack the space

Posted: 25 Mar 2008 07:33 pm
by sven360
Jason B wrote:tbh, I'm almost tempted to have it as a parts car
Crazy fool-the best looking Glt's they ever made and with 3 drs-parts my a*se :shock:
Get it bought and restored.

Posted: 25 Mar 2008 07:39 pm
by Jason B
lol, haven't got the money to restore it hence not buying it (and surely better as a parts car to someone who cares than be drifted into an armco by a senseless muppet, lol)

Posted: 25 Mar 2008 07:44 pm
by J340GLT
IM tempted to, but just want it for the spoiler lol..

Posted: 25 Mar 2008 07:52 pm
by sven360
J340GLT wrote:IM tempted to, but just want it for the spoiler lol..
Worth the asking price alone,young sir 8)

Posted: 25 Mar 2008 08:22 pm
by SteveP
I might buy it and put the spoiler on ebay :wink: :lol:

Posted: 25 Mar 2008 08:25 pm
by sven360
Jason B wrote:lol, haven't got the money to restore it hence not buying it
Ask your Lada drivin' pal to go halfers-you can both have a go @ designing a vodka inpired watts linkage sm41

By the time your car's finished the sport will be dead and buried.Still ya'll have a competitive car for treasure hunts :wink:

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 08:18 pm
by sven360
Well Jason,have ya bought this yet or what????

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 08:27 pm
by Jason B
no, don't have the space - and I'm more than happy messing about with my current car regardless of rallying (which is slowly dying - thanks msa), and its not as far off being well sorted as you may think :). Sadly insurance believes that there is a magical improvement in driving skill at 21 so have to wait a bit for some of the more fun mods i.e. the roll cage and engine conversion

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 08:46 pm
by sven360
Indeed it very well may be,young man.
You are,however,missing the point ie. a std Mk2 will kick the ass of a modified big bumper model.
Here endeth the lesson sm51

I'm merely a guide you have to make the walk :roll:

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 09:08 pm
by Jason B
key word being "standard" not battered, lol - I know I am engine swapping and such but its had a smack or two and "overheating" (often code for, I've killed the engine)

I'm getting more tempted though, lol

edit - just asked a question or 2, apparently the front chassis protrusions are "somewhat mullered" so that doesn't sound great in terms of a straight shell but could be ok

what is the perk of the 3door mk2 over my saloon in handling (I thought 3dr injection was heavier than carb) as isn't the saloon pretty balanced?

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 09:40 pm
by SteveP
3 doors are still lighter than saloons, not by alot though... me and Ali did a drag from 30-80mph back when his 3 door had a V cam and a backbox and it was a dead heat.

Still, the earlier mk2 models are supposed to go better...