Page 1 of 1

5 door 340 GL 6000 miles on Ebay!

Posted: 19 Sep 2009 11:36 pm
by Hell Driver
Is someone using a time machine to steal these cars from the 80's? :lol: Bit steep though at £1250, but still a bargain if you want a new car!

Re: 5 door 340 GL 6000 miles on Ebay!

Posted: 20 Sep 2009 09:45 am
by SteveP
WHY would anyone buy a car and do 6000 miles in it in 20 years?! Walk!

Other than that... nice car, too new and too many doors though ;)

Re: 5 door 340 GL 6000 miles on Ebay!

Posted: 20 Sep 2009 12:11 pm
by macplaxton
Well I bought a 343 with 14267 in 28 years. It hadn't been on the road for five. The last owner was given doctor's orders not to drive. I suspect that the old dear who had mine just went to the shops and then parked the car up after the doctor's orders and then it came to be cleared from the garage when she shuffled off.

Some folk can't walk that well...

Re: 5 door 340 GL 6000 miles on Ebay!

Posted: 20 Sep 2009 01:18 pm
by volvosneverdie
macplaxton wrote:Well I bought a 343 with 14267 in 28 years. It hadn't been on the road for five. The last owner was given doctor's orders not to drive. I suspect that the old dear who had mine just went to the shops and then parked the car up after the doctor's orders and then it came to be cleared from the garage when she shuffled off.

Some folk can't walk that well...

Which is unfortunate for those poor people.
And very good news for us lucky people. :D

Re: 5 door 340 GL 6000 miles on Ebay!

Posted: 20 Sep 2009 03:38 pm
by Speedy88
That car is epic! I'd love to buy it and house it only. I hope someone really looks after it. It really is brand new :o

Re: 5 door 340 GL 6000 miles on Ebay!

Posted: 20 Sep 2009 05:09 pm
by AUTOMAN
Heres the link for those who haven't don it.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-VOLVO-340-GL ... 286.c0.m14

I would love to go and get that, but I have 2 360s, a Viva, a Freelander and only one parking space. The other problem would be no money either Lol.

Ian.