Dai
Location of ignition relay? Help!
-
classicswede
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 5471
- Joined: 25 Apr 2005 06:52 pm
- Location: Anglesey North Wales
- Contact:
Location of ignition relay? Help!
Dai
Dai
Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

- RandomHero
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 04 Oct 2004 01:41 pm
- Location: Bergen op Zoom, NL
- Contact:
-
classicswede
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 5471
- Joined: 25 Apr 2005 06:52 pm
- Location: Anglesey North Wales
- Contact:
I have intirior lights working. Turn the ignition key and no dash lights come on and nothing happens.
I'm going to look after my dinner.
Dai
I'm going to look after my dinner.
Dai
Dai
Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

-
classicswede
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 5471
- Joined: 25 Apr 2005 06:52 pm
- Location: Anglesey North Wales
- Contact:
Got it going now. I had a fiddle with the wires on the back af the ignition barrel and all lights came on and car started fine
After that I had an investigate of the relays and found the ignition fires at least 3 relays, 2 under the dash and one in the fuse box. Remove all of them and the engine will still turn over(not sure if it would start as the fuel was switched off).
So if you find you have no power when turning the key and no relays click the fault will be on the ignition barrel or the wires to it.
Dai
After that I had an investigate of the relays and found the ignition fires at least 3 relays, 2 under the dash and one in the fuse box. Remove all of them and the engine will still turn over(not sure if it would start as the fuel was switched off).
So if you find you have no power when turning the key and no relays click the fault will be on the ignition barrel or the wires to it.
Dai
Dai
Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

-
classicswede
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 5471
- Joined: 25 Apr 2005 06:52 pm
- Location: Anglesey North Wales
- Contact:
The problem resurfaced today
and I had to hot wire the car to get it home(very simple to do).
I went through the electrics again and decided to remove the imobiliser completly as some have the wires had already been cut.
Well no difference
I then traced all the wirering from the ignition barrel back and found the multi plug on the back of the fuse box loose.
Problem solved
Dai
I went through the electrics again and decided to remove the imobiliser completly as some have the wires had already been cut.
Well no difference
I then traced all the wirering from the ignition barrel back and found the multi plug on the back of the fuse box loose.
Problem solved
Dai
Dai
Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

The white with blue stripey it is, in the right hand side plug looking from the bonnet, I had that when I put my temp gauge in. Also have had issues with the lead that goes to the starter solanoid, both worth a wiggle if nothing happens.
'89(G) 340 GLE B172k
'03 S60 D5 SE, '91 (J) MX5, 1954 Cyclemaster
Ex:
'89(F) 340 GL F7R (ex B172k) - Fake -> SBKV 300 Runner Up 08, 12; '91(H) 340 GL B14.4E - Kar; '88(F) 360 GLT B200E - Jet -> BKV 300 Runner Up 09; '89(G) 360 GLT B200E - Beast
'03 S60 D5 SE, '91 (J) MX5, 1954 Cyclemaster
Ex:
'89(F) 340 GL F7R (ex B172k) - Fake -> SBKV 300 Runner Up 08, 12; '91(H) 340 GL B14.4E - Kar; '88(F) 360 GLT B200E - Jet -> BKV 300 Runner Up 09; '89(G) 360 GLT B200E - Beast
Everyone should check these relay's behind dashboard:
http://www.janiervast.com/kuvat/volvotemp/releet/
Problem was caused by broken relay, it is more or less ok with new relay and connectors. Still wires run a bit warm there, but I guess it is ok?
http://www.janiervast.com/kuvat/volvotemp/releet/
Problem was caused by broken relay, it is more or less ok with new relay and connectors. Still wires run a bit warm there, but I guess it is ok?
-
classicswede
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 5471
- Joined: 25 Apr 2005 06:52 pm
- Location: Anglesey North Wales
- Contact:
That plug will need replacing and renew the damaged wire at the same time. Looks very nasty!
My car behaved itself all day today so I'm hoping that is the end of the problem. I wounder what it will do next
Dai
My car behaved itself all day today so I'm hoping that is the end of the problem. I wounder what it will do next
Dai
Dai
Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/




