340cbr wrote:The guy that I knows that have the 1.7 in a Clio, the car originaly was a 1.4..
The difference is in the carburater, the jets are bigger.
440 with 1.7 have 92bhp.
340 have 80 with cat and 82 without it
thanks for clearing that out mate,
i passed that volvo 440 carb part numbers to this guy on ebay but he cant seem to find them on the carbs he has ,any chance you know what make this carburettor is ???
the carburettor on this 1.7 clio ,is it a straight fit on to the original 1.7 manifold or did he have an adaptor made to fit it ???
340cbr wrote:The carburator that I took from the 440 GL is a Solex to.. but it's year of made is 1996!
The car runs better with it...
The carb on the Clio.. i thinck it is a Sierra 2.0 carb, and he made changes on the manifold
i wonder if it is the legendary SOLEX Z13 ??
this was used in renault 19s .
and apparently it was the same carb as z10 apart from one of the throttles being controlled automatically by a vacuum diafram.
I've spoke with my mechanic, who worked for Volvo fo more than 20 years, made some conversions to 360 Turbo's, etc...
He tells that to raise the power in the 340 1.7 first of all change the air filter. Then you can change the gigleurs of the carb. He says that with this two mods we'll feel the difference.
Than you can change things in the head, but that is more complicated.
| 92' 965 Turbo 16v | B204FT - 190hp |
Had: 90' 340 GL + Turbo | B18 FT | Koni's | Alpina White |
I've spoke with my mechanic, who worked for Volvo fo more than 20 years, made some conversions to 360 Turbo's, etc...
He tells that to raise the power in the 340 1.7 first of all change the air filter. Then you can change the gigleurs of the carb. He says that with this two mods we'll feel the difference.
Than you can change things in the head, but that is more complicated.
well i just got a spare 28 34 z10 from a volvo 340 on the post to me at the moment and i am thinking of either modding it myself or give it to an engineering company to do the job .
i have got a kn airfilter to go on this carb,looks like this
but this seems to need an adaptor to go on a twin carburettor and i dont know where to find such thing ??
what is "gigleurs " ??? not very good with my carbs mate ,sorry
He means adjust the jets. That's the usual thing you do at the same time as putting a filter on, to give the correct fuelling for the extra air.
I'd take it to a mechanic to have that done. I'm doing my own ones on my car, but I've also spent £200+ on measurement tools so I can tell exactly what's happening when I make changes.