Also I had an empty space for one 52mm gauge and nice knight rider-style leds are cool so that was the main reason..
It is funny that they want something like from 50 to 90 euros for NB lambda gauges. even though that the price of electrical parts is nowhere near that. Pretty much same simple circuit in every commercial application too so I though that I don't want to pay extra for nothing.
http://ffp-motorsport.com/tuning/20ledseos.php I'll be using that circuit.
Ok what about appearance, how will it look nice in 52mm place. Well that's not a problem. We'll just need a cheapo amp-meter (cost 4.25 euros) from Biltema which will be giving it's shell in better use. (Biltema is a Scandinavian warehouse which sells cheap (sometimes it shows.. ;D) stuff, a bit like Home Depot in USA.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/mtn/images/autot/G ... G_1308.JPG
http://koti.mbnet.fi/mtn/images/autot/G ... G_1305.JPG
Then it's time to find some sophisticated tools like these
http://koti.mbnet.fi/mtn/images/autot/G ... G_1312.JPG
http://koti.mbnet.fi/mtn/images/autot/G ... G_1309.JPG
After some sawing with the dull blade this is the result:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/mtn/images/autot/G ... G_1313.JPG
http://koti.mbnet.fi/mtn/images/autot/G ... G_1316.JPG
Now I'll just have to make the circuit. I'll be using rectangle shaped leds for that 80's look..
http://www.bebek.fi/kauppa/lisatiedot.p ... te_id=5423
Gauge will be going in this http://koti.mbnet.fi/mtn/images/autot/G ... kiinni.jpg



